Cost effective solution to extend your pump reliability
Type 5 S/S
What is the use of a BOA?
- Installed on pumps that have oil sumps.
- The BOA is installed into the pump housing drain plug underneath the pump housing/sump, to improve the running time of the bearings by monitoring the quality of the bearing oil and proportion of oil to water.
- The BOA allows oil samples to be taken from the bearing housing/sump by opening the ball valve drain, giving insight to the quality of the oil.
- Early detection of any oil contamination results in continued pump reliability.
- Magnet is installed in the sight glass to attract metal particles that could potentially be contaminating the oil.
- The BOA is easily removed when the pump is isolated and simply disassembled for cleaning. New O rings are fitted, to then be re-assembled and installed back onto the pump.
- Type 7 is a shorter design for pumps where space is limited from the underside of pump bearing housing to the pump mounting base.
- Manufactured using CNC Machinery to ISO 9001 standards.
- The sight glass component is made of a clear, 5mm (wall thickness) threaded cast acrylic.
- Recommended maximum temperature is 90 degrees Celsius.
- Acrylic will not yellow in sunlight.
- Both 316 stainless steel threaded end caps are sealed to acrylic with nitrile O’rings for effective sealing.
- Top connection 1⁄2” S/S 316 Hex Nipple.
- Drain Ball Valve and 316 S/S Hex Plug.
- The overall weight of the S/S Sight glass is 600 grams.
- BOA is supplied by SRV Engineering Pty Ltd WA to internal Standard W7 Rev 0.
Type 7 S/S
“Our success started with an order from Exxon/Mobil Fawley Refinery UK, where we supplied 1200 units. We designed the Sight Glass Type 5 & 7 S/S, which has now been accepted in many refineries around the world.”
Image on the left: Filled with oil and water. Water is heavier than oil, therefore is seen at the bottom of the BOA, showing clear water contamination.
Image on the right: Demonstrates the use of the magnet attracting any metal particles that is contaminating the oil in the sump.
BEARING OIL ANALYSER IN USE AT EXXON MOBIL REFINERY